Atomistic Modeling Researcher
The ideal candidate should have good working experience/knowledge in electrochemical modeling of lithium-ion batteries and next-generation energy storage technologies.
Qualifications required and experience:
• MS or Ph.D. degree in material science, chemical engineering, electrochemical engineering.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in Lithium-ion batteries.
• Strong technical background in Electrochemistry and Cell/Battery development.
• Experience with electrochemical modeling of lithium-ion batteries and next-generation energy storage technologies (Solid-State battery preferably)
• Strong analytical skills
• Proficient with MATLAB/Simulink software suite
• Experience with COMSOL, Battery Design Studio, Ansys/Fluent, or other software tools for modeling lithium-ion batteries
• Able to prioritize and manage time effectively and should have strong organizational and project management skills.
• Proven leadership skills, problem-solving skills, think outside of the box skills, and ability to transfer the skills to train the subordinates.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
• Design experiments to determine cell level mechanical and other physical properties or estimate the parameters
• Model power and energy of cells with a variety of electrode designs and materials
• Acquire, process, and analyse experimental data to determine battery cell electrochemical performance and thermal behavior
• Assist in the development of equivalent circuit models for lithium-ion cells and battery packs and use them to simulate a variety of operating conditions
• Assist in the development and simulation of electrochemical models of lithium-ion cells and electrodes to better understand the physical and electrochemical phenomenon
• Process experimental data for the development and upscaling of coin cells to monolayer and multi-layer pouch cells.
• Prepare high-quality technical reports and present them to technical managers.
• Other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.