Battery Thermal Management
ABEE is looking for a highly committed person to undertake the role of ‘Battery Thermal Management’.
- Design and evaluate thermal system architectures for different vehicle platforms.
- Define system level requirements, develop concepts and perform trade-off analysis.
- Work closely with various stakeholders to define requirements for thermal management system control.
- Perform CAE thermal analysis (Comsol, Ansys or equivalent) to demonstrate the effectiveness and efficiency of different cooling strategies.
- Support the optimization of thermal management concepts.
- Support integration of component level thermal system controller with vehicle control unit.
- Run drive tests with thermal system controller to gather battery pack and vehicle thermal data.
- Identify issues with thermal management system controller and provide sufficient solutions to management for consideration.
- Build and manage a strong business relationship with suppliers.
- Lead test plan development, issue resolution, and lab and in-vehicle testing of drivetrain units.
- A Master/PhD’s degree, in automotive or Mechanical engineer or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of development experience in automotive industry
- Extensive experience with various modes of heat transfer and thermal management materials and techniques, preferably in automotive applications.
- Proficiency in CAD/CAE software tools, especially thermal CFD and FEA tools (e.g., Comsol, ANSYS).
- Knowledge in developing formulations and verify the simulation by experiment design and measurement task are needed.
- Proficiency in thermal measurement and design validation tools and techniques.
- Proven track record of project management and product development.
- Driven to complete project goals on time and deliver quality results; process and detail oriented.
- Clearly understands technical issues and can justify technical decisions using data and analysis.
- Creative thinking and high-level analytical ability.
- Enjoys building a strong team and designing high-quality products.
- Enjoys working in fast pace & diverse work environment, and values candid communication.
- Highly motivated mindset as well as a dedicated team spirit and pro-active approach to group problem solving
- Strong accountability and responsibility skills
- Open to travel
- Fluent in English. French or Dutch language skills would be a plus
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this position, please provide by email (Omid.Rahbari@abeegroup.com) a detailed resume and a short personal statement explaining your scientific and research interests.