ABEE is looking for a highly committed person to undertake the role of ‘Battery Mechanical Design Engineer’.
- Battery system structural design, CAD, CAE, crush safety, component integration, and vehicle mechanical, thermal and high voltage electrical interface.
- Define pack and cell requirements, and find the best options for product volume, weight and run time requirements.
- Mechanical integration of battery cells, electromechanical components and hardware.
- Take part in the requirement development for powertrain component and system.
- Develop test and validation plans for manufacturing and characterizing battery packs.
- Test batteries at the module level and at the system level.
- Work with safety, reliability, operations and other cross functional partners to integrate the battery into the final system.
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Supplier management during the pack architecture development and during pack builds.
- Support the final assembly site to ensure proper integration of the battery into the final system.
- Rigorous failure analysis, root cause analysis, corrective action and communication to the cross functional teams on issues.
- Battery related product development cycles from design to manufacturing
- MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, automotive, thermal or a related field.
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience in battery filed.
- Knowledge of Li-ion cell chemistry and the various processes involved in manufacturing lithium ion battery packs.
- Experience with battery protection modules and safety standards.
- Experience in battery pack interconnection design, thermal management, and safety.
- Proficiency in conceptual and detailed mechanical design and extensive 3D CAD experience.
- Knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes and/or automation is highly desirable.
- Experience with full life cycle of product development processes.
- Highly motivated mindset as well as a dedicated team spirit and pro-active approach to group problem solving
- Strong accountability and responsibility skills
- Open to travel
- Fluent in English. French or Dutch language skills would be a plus
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this position, please provide by email (Omid.Rahbari@abeegroup.com) a detailed resume and a short personal statement explaining your scientific and research interests.