Research Engineer – Metal recycling
- CDI Contract
Company general information
Avesta Battery & Energy Engineering (ABEE) is a dynamic engineering company specialized in battery and energy technologies for automotive and stationary applications founded in January 2019. ABEE’s expertise includes battery system design, modelling (thermal & electrochemical), recycling, state-of-the-art battery manufacturing infrastructure, processing and prototyping, BMS & module assembly, extensive knowledge in artificial intelligence techniques & battery state estimations, validation & feasibility analysis related to advanced Li-ion and next generation solid-state battery technologies.
Business Unit description
The EONET Business unit within ABEE works on recycling Batteries and PV modules.
Number of positions: 1
The open position relates to the project on Lithium recovery from Li containing secondary sources. Specifically, it will focus on developing and scaling-up innovative ‘waste-to-resource’ metallurgical pathways to extract and recover valuable metals from secondary resources. This job profile will include the following activities:
- Design and execution of pilot scale recycling process experiments. Perform pilot testing, result evaluation and reporting.
- Equipment designing, quality check, installation support and commissioning.
- Contribution to funding proposal and grant application preparation. Previous experience in EU funded projects are advantageous.
- Hands-on experience in metal extraction process techniques especially for Critical Raw Materials.
- Process development and process improvement experience.
- Bachelors or Masters in the field of Chemical Engineering / Process Engineering / Material Science.
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of chemistry principles and methods with the ability to interpret results and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Fluent in English (reading; writing; speaking)
- Able to comprehend, summarise and explain scientific information through presentation and reports
- On the job training
- Competitive salary package
- A dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment
Place of employment: Diegem, Louvain-la-Neuve – Belgium.