Process optimization and Upscaling Engineer
- CDI Contract
Avesta Battery & Energy Engineering (ABEE) offers an exciting job opportunity in battery research & development. We are currently hiring 10 process optimization and upscaling Engineers to work in our R&D team to help us bring ABEE battery cell technology to the next level. As a process optimization and upscaling engineer you will be responsible for the Pilot Line manufacturing processes, including machine supplier/partner selections, in-house equipment customization, implementation of in-line-analytical equipment defined in the quality control plan, and process conditions development. Your tehcnical expertise and problem-solving skills will help us upscale the process from the prototyping line to a production/manufacturing line.
What you’ll do at ABEE
- Manage the development and implementation of scaleup from prototype to manufacturing scale based on the liquid, semi-solid- and solid-state electrolyte technologies.
- Manage activities for process proof-of-concept studies to support mass production line design.
- Manage implementation of digital twin-enabled high-process yield.
- Selection of new equipment based on technical inputs from the lab/prototype line.
- Support executing the manufacturing process roadmap synchronized with the product development roadmap.
- Undertake engineering improvements and optimization of the Company’s existing equipment.
- 8-10 years minimum experience in mechanical, chemical, or industrial engineering and/or process engineering/ leadership position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrochemical Engineering, Chemical engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively (self-motivated and self-managing)
- Demonstrated knowledge of cell and battery testing methodologies, interpretation, and presentation of data.
- Able to translate designs and planning to action and quantifiable results.
- Lead product excellence and continuous improvement.
- International experience is a plus.
- PMP and Six sigma certifications are a plus.
- Experience to lead engineering/manufacturing groups.
- Must show experience in delivering products to end users based on relevant specifications.
- Able to process management inputs and deliver time-based targets.
- Team player
What we have to offer
- Permanent contract (full-time position)
- Pension plan and hospitalization insurance
- Very competitive compensation package
- Collaborative and caring team environment
- Learning opportunities based on your interests
Apply at ABEE
We strongly believe that the best results come from a multicultural, diverse, and inclusive environment. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, or national origin, will be considered. We encourage you to submit your detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter.